Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Today is the day

Today is the day that I go to the doctor appointment that all women hope they never have to schedule but most women do. Today I go to the doctor to get the lovely painful lumps in my breasts checked out. I know that it will probably be nothing but I do have to remind myself that I do not have a normal body. I am blessed with a low immune system, hypothyroidism, and various symptoms of lupus that haven't been able to be controlled quite yet.

I'm a little nervous but more than anything I just want the doctor to listen to me when I tell her that my body feels not quite right and I want her to fix it. I don't believe that my estrogen or thyroid meds are working and I hope she ups the dosage of both. I can still feel the endometriosis on the ovary the doctors so generously left me. I'm not so worried about that though. It's a pain I'm used to and can deal with most of the time. I've got to remember to ask for a referral for the pain management doctor. My back is just getting worse and I'm sorry but telling a patient with hypothyroidism to lose weight and then come back for a disc that is pinching a nerve in the back is ludicrous and stupid! If I could lose the weight easily buddy don't you think I would?? I'll just walk around in complete pain until I miraculously lose the weight. Such a Catch 22 and doctors are idiots most of the time. Amazing that i want to work for one.

Anyhow, even though my body is retarded I have faith that my primary doctor will fix whatever is making me feel funky all the time and tell me that my lumps in my breasts are just another lovely side effect from some hormonal imbalance somewhere. I'm glad I shaved my legs last night. At least i have a hairless body for the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment